Our Sweet Stricken Girl
As you may have guessed from the last post we had what you might term an "incident" at Ruby Tuesdays. Apparently when Emily said her tummy hurt - she meant that it Really hurt - that it Urgently hurt. Needless to say the Ruby Tuesday's dining room will never be the same, and frankly some of the diners may never be the same. In a word, it was: AWFUL.
Andrew ran Emily into the bathroom (where they spent some quality time) and then they had a great conversation. May I first just say that there is nothing as painful to a parent as seeing their child in pain. That being said, Andrew was trying to help Emily out and she said at first:
"Okay Daddy I'm done with being sick, how much longer until we go to the Blue Devil basketball game? "
And a few minutes later:
"Daddy will you clean me up as good as you can because I don't want anyone in the restaurant to know that I was sick, I don't want them to see me like this."
And that kind of broke my heart and so I told her there was nothing to be worried about because every single person in the restaurant had been sick before. I failed to add that the vast majority had probably not been sick IN a restaurant, but what she doesn't know...
Later on, after we were back at Grammy's house with clothes in the wash and Emily freshly scrubbed, she felt bad enough to go to bed without a story. This is unprecedented on its own. But she also put a trash can in her bed because as she told Jessica: "Don't take my trash can away, I don't want to make a mess at Grammy's house."
In between being sick and being embarrassed about it, she was chatting up a storm. "Daddy, a good thing to do when you're sick is just make it to the bathroom, right? Or just call out for you. Yeah, those are good things to do. And next time we won't get sick and we'll get to go see the Blue Devils."
That's the story for now. Emily is sleeping soundly. We are trying to recover from the night and hoping that this scenario is NEVER repeated.
Print Page
Andrew ran Emily into the bathroom (where they spent some quality time) and then they had a great conversation. May I first just say that there is nothing as painful to a parent as seeing their child in pain. That being said, Andrew was trying to help Emily out and she said at first:
"Okay Daddy I'm done with being sick, how much longer until we go to the Blue Devil basketball game? "
And a few minutes later:
"Daddy will you clean me up as good as you can because I don't want anyone in the restaurant to know that I was sick, I don't want them to see me like this."
And that kind of broke my heart and so I told her there was nothing to be worried about because every single person in the restaurant had been sick before. I failed to add that the vast majority had probably not been sick IN a restaurant, but what she doesn't know...
Later on, after we were back at Grammy's house with clothes in the wash and Emily freshly scrubbed, she felt bad enough to go to bed without a story. This is unprecedented on its own. But she also put a trash can in her bed because as she told Jessica: "Don't take my trash can away, I don't want to make a mess at Grammy's house."
In between being sick and being embarrassed about it, she was chatting up a storm. "Daddy, a good thing to do when you're sick is just make it to the bathroom, right? Or just call out for you. Yeah, those are good things to do. And next time we won't get sick and we'll get to go see the Blue Devils."
That's the story for now. Emily is sleeping soundly. We are trying to recover from the night and hoping that this scenario is NEVER repeated.
Print Page
Comments