Homophones

Two words that sound alike but mean different things. This is Emily's new adventure in the English language.

For instance, last weekend Grandpa said that Emily's shirt was too short and that her bare skin was showing.

To which Emily, naturally, replied: Grandpa I don't have bear skin, I'm NOT a bear.

And then she growled (which sort of undercut her argument that she was NOT a bear and made me think that perhaps she was a bear; a bare bear)

A long conversation ensued in which the gathered assembly tried to convince Emily that "bare" was a word that meant something other than a large, furry, toothy woodland mammal. I still don't think she's convinced.

All this time when we've been saying lets go meet someone, has Emily been imagining that we were going to throw fried chicken at that person? It begs a lot of questions.

Print Page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Dance (for awhile)

Answered Prayers

Allowance