The Saga of BT and Peppy (a,k.a. Peh-Peh)

Trouble in the imaginary world today.

BT was in timeout. It was all the talk among the imaginary friends. You see it all began when BT hit Peppy (Peppy is the nickname of long-standing imaginary friend Peh-Peh). So you see BT hit Peppy and "we don't hit, we just don't. hit." And naturally there were consequences. BT had to leave our house and go to timeout somewhere else.

I don't know if Peppy was injured, but that wasn't important to the story. Later on, Emily went to go get BT out of timeout and to make him apologize. She told him that she was "very upset about BT hitting Peppy." And it's true - we were all very upset. We all know that once imaginary friends turn violent they go the way of Old Yeller. Except of course that Old Yeller was a rabid dog and even though we might like to "put BT down" he would probably just come back. He is not going to leave without a fight I'm sure.

As it happens, BT came back from timeout a changed man/boy/imaginary person. He promised not to hit. Peppy called a little bit later. We were playing in the play room.

Emily: Daddy, could you hand me your phone I need to answer it because Peppy is calling.
Daddy: why don't you answer it on one of your play phones.
Emily: Because Peppy is calling a REAL phone.

Naturally, Peppy (the second imaginary person to live in our house after his older brother BT - the thug) is calling on a REAL phone. It would be INsane to think that he would call on a pretend phone. I wouldn't call on a pretend phone and I'm at least half as real as Peppy, right?

All was well with the Friends because Peppy could come over so long as BT agreed not to hit him. Then I think BT may have gone back to timeout because he wasn't answering Emily's questions, but that .... is a story for another time.

Comments

tnc said…
It's five o clock in the morning and between the two little people who live in my house, I have had very little sleep so, I may be slap happy but that is the funniest thing I've read in a long time! That kid cracks me up and the write up was very well done! Funny!
GrammyB said…
I can always tell when Andrew is writing on your blog. It always has a certain flair!!
Enjoyed the story. XO

Popular posts from this blog

Last Dance (for awhile)

Answered Prayers

Allowance