Beauty and the Beast- Take 2


Emily and I before the show began. She was such a good little girl waiting for the show to begin.

When the show started she just sat very still and watched and watched. She got really excited when they sang a song she knew. Her smile stretched from ear to ear:) I watched her for about the 1/2 the musical instead of the actual show. It was so neat to see this through her eyes.

During intermission she told me that this wasn't the real Belle or the real Beast. They were just pretending like when she puts on a show at our house. It is all just pretend here. I told her she was right...and then wondered, "does she think that there is a REAL Beauty and a REAL Beast" somewhere?" I think that she does. I know that kids confuse reality and fiction and can't really tell the 2 apart until around age 4 or 5...but I can't imagine thinking that everything you saw or heard was real. Emily is trying to sort that all out. I guess it just takes time.

At the end of the performance the cast members held their final pose and the crowd gave them a standing ovation. Emily asked why they were standing like statues. And why did we have to stand up to clap for them? I forget sometimes that there are so many little things to teach a child!

She can't wait to go to her next musical!




Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Dance (for awhile)

Answered Prayers

Allowance