O'Emily McPiper


The family St. Patrick's tradition is to run the 4-mile Kelly's Run in Quincy on the Sunday before St. Pat's. Either the run is the actual tradition or the eating of nachos and drinking of green beer is the tradition - it's a toss up. Emily came along this year (she had green water and a cinnamon roll for those of you speed-dialing child services).

However, Em's highlight was the bagpiper. The rest of us thought it was fun for about 30 seconds, but Emily could not get enough. I held her up on my shoulders so she could watch him and then when we bumped into him on the way out we HAD to get a picture.

Also, Emily thought that I ran so fast that I probably won, but then was confused when I didn't get a medal: "Maybe next year you'll get a medal daddy." Probably not, but I will go ahead and sign myself up for more green beer.


Print Page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Dance (for awhile)

Answered Prayers

Allowance