Nap Time

I put Emily down for her regular afternoon nap yesterday and I knew that she wasn't all that tired. I expected a bit of a fight or maybe that I would have to go in to tell her to rest quietly. I didn't hear anything though for 1 1/2 hours so I assumed she went to sleep. I then went in to check on her and found her wide awake...

Mommy: Good Afternoon Em! How was your nap? (thinking she had slept at least a little)

Emily: (thinking for a moment) PLAYFUL!

She then went on to tell me that she discovered that if she played quietly and whispered to her "friends" that I wouldn't know. She said "I can play and you don't get mad that I'm not napping!" When I asked her if she was ready to get up, she replied "not yet, I need to finish my playing up here." I didn't see her downstairs for another 20 minutes!

Print Page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Dance (for awhile)

Answered Prayers

Allowance