Things heard around our house...
All these conversations took place with our oldest child - enjoy:)
Child: I love you mommy! (snuggles in tight with mommy)
Mommy: I love you too!
Child: Mommy... you really smell. You smell like spit up.
Mommy: Sorry. I think it was your sister.
Child: Daddy smells like marshmallows. He smells good.
Mommy: We can't all smell good like daddy.
Child: Grandpa hold Uncle Nate's hands. (She physically takes Grandpa's hand and makes him hold both of Uncle Nate's hands. )
Child: Now Grandpa, don't let go. (Grandpa and Uncle Nate look at each other trying to figure out what is going on.)
Child: Ok, Now I'm coming to tickle you! Don't let go Grandpa! (And she proceeds to tickle the captive Uncle Nate until everyone was laughing.)
Child: Look Mommy, I'm wearing strawberries today.
Mommy: You sure are. You look cute.
Child: No, I am as sweet as strawberries today.
Child: I am definitely not going to choose the lion as my favorite (looking at a book of zoo animals).
Mommy: why?
Child: I don't know, but I am DEFINITELY not going to choose it. I am definitely. Definitely. Definitely. Actually, I am definitely.
(We are not quite sure that she knows the meaning of the word definitely...but she definitely uses it a lot these days)
Aunt Mary: What movie are you going to watch (at the pretend movie theater that our oldest Girl had set up in our laundry room)
Child: It is a movie with NOT just a tiger in it.
Sooooo, there are other animals in it too? The world may never know. All we know about the movie is that it may or may not contain a tiger, but if there IS a tiger in the movie - there are other things as well. Andrew could retire today and she could be the lawyer.
Child: I love you mommy! (snuggles in tight with mommy)
Mommy: I love you too!
Child: Mommy... you really smell. You smell like spit up.
Mommy: Sorry. I think it was your sister.
Child: Daddy smells like marshmallows. He smells good.
Mommy: We can't all smell good like daddy.
Child: Grandpa hold Uncle Nate's hands. (She physically takes Grandpa's hand and makes him hold both of Uncle Nate's hands. )
Child: Now Grandpa, don't let go. (Grandpa and Uncle Nate look at each other trying to figure out what is going on.)
Child: Ok, Now I'm coming to tickle you! Don't let go Grandpa! (And she proceeds to tickle the captive Uncle Nate until everyone was laughing.)
Child: Look Mommy, I'm wearing strawberries today.
Mommy: You sure are. You look cute.
Child: No, I am as sweet as strawberries today.
Child: I am definitely not going to choose the lion as my favorite (looking at a book of zoo animals).
Mommy: why?
Child: I don't know, but I am DEFINITELY not going to choose it. I am definitely. Definitely. Definitely. Actually, I am definitely.
(We are not quite sure that she knows the meaning of the word definitely...but she definitely uses it a lot these days)
Aunt Mary: What movie are you going to watch (at the pretend movie theater that our oldest Girl had set up in our laundry room)
Child: It is a movie with NOT just a tiger in it.
Sooooo, there are other animals in it too? The world may never know. All we know about the movie is that it may or may not contain a tiger, but if there IS a tiger in the movie - there are other things as well. Andrew could retire today and she could be the lawyer.
Comments