The Last Doctor's Appointment

About 2 weeks ago, our girl started asking me every morning, "Is baby sister going to come today? Are you going to the hospital?" And I would reassure her that today wasn't the day. We still had a long time still to wait.

As the c-section date approached, Andrew and I thought it would be good for her to go with us to the doctors office so that she could be reassured about when and where all these changes were going to happen.

So last Thursday I went to my last doctor's appointment. Our big girl got to listen to baby sister's heart beat and the doctor told her baby sister would be here in just 5 days. We then toured the hospital. She got to see where her new baby sister and mommy are going to sleep for a few days. She was very quiet and was just taking it all in for about 2 minutes. Then she asked, "Can I go run down the hallway again?" That is the joy of being 2 years old. Andrew and I expected some questions or some concerns, but it was just the opposite. After she saw the hospital and the doctor told her she had 5 more days to wait, she was ready to get back to 2-year-old business: Running in empty hallways.

Another cute story: The morning before the doctor's appointment I was complaining that my back hurt. Our girl says, "you will have to have the doctor fix that." I said, "Great idea!" Then she says, "Will the doctor kiss your back to make it feel all better?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Dance (for awhile)

Answered Prayers

Allowance