We all scream for ice-cream!
Some really nice friends of mine, called to ask if I wanted them to bring some ice-cream by the house. Now, normally, I would have LOVED some:) However, I just stuffed 3 cookies in my mouth and thought ice-cream would probably put me (and my baby in the womb) over the top. So I had to say no.
My child listened to me on the phone. When I got off she asked, "Why did you say no thank you?" I told her that they offered to bring me ice-cream but I didn't want any. She then said "You say no thank you, but I say YES! Tell them YES! Tell them YES!"
She went on to explain, "Look at my tummy. (as she pulls up her shirt.) It's sad. It needs ice-cream. It's hungry."
It was almost too much:) I was laughing really hard. In fact, I contemplated actually calling them back to have them bring her ice-cream! Our conversation ended with lots of tickles and us both rolling on the floor. She placed her head on my large tummy to rest just as it made a gurgling sound. She then said, "I don't think baby sister is in your tummy anymore. It sounds like a dinosaur! ROAR!" We laughed again, and I tickled her some more:)
Luckily, she forgot about the ice-cream.
My child listened to me on the phone. When I got off she asked, "Why did you say no thank you?" I told her that they offered to bring me ice-cream but I didn't want any. She then said "You say no thank you, but I say YES! Tell them YES! Tell them YES!"
She went on to explain, "Look at my tummy. (as she pulls up her shirt.) It's sad. It needs ice-cream. It's hungry."
It was almost too much:) I was laughing really hard. In fact, I contemplated actually calling them back to have them bring her ice-cream! Our conversation ended with lots of tickles and us both rolling on the floor. She placed her head on my large tummy to rest just as it made a gurgling sound. She then said, "I don't think baby sister is in your tummy anymore. It sounds like a dinosaur! ROAR!" We laughed again, and I tickled her some more:)
Luckily, she forgot about the ice-cream.
Comments