Going to California
So today we played "Going to California". A pretend adventure that seemed to last forever and we never left the playroom.
Girl: Mommy you say, Let's pack!
Mommy: Let's pack!
Girl: No Mommy you say, Let's pack! And then you have to tell me what to pack.
Mommy: Ok, pack...
Girl: No Mommy, LET'S pack
AUGH. Playing her way is sometimes very frustrating! But I hung in there. We never did make it to our destination. But on the way, we had to change her baby's diaper 3 or 4 times, go see a doctor (BT was sick), get gas, have the car fixed twice, stop for several bathroom breaks, and stop for a snack (which I thought was very clever of her to get a snack when she doesn't normally get one). We lost the keys once and I thought that would end the "game". But no. Instead she said, "I'm the Fairy Godmother and I'll make the car start!". And she did:)
Her imagination is working overtime lately. I find it truly amazing how creative she can be.
Girl: Mommy you say, Let's pack!
Mommy: Let's pack!
Girl: No Mommy you say, Let's pack! And then you have to tell me what to pack.
Mommy: Ok, pack...
Girl: No Mommy, LET'S pack
AUGH. Playing her way is sometimes very frustrating! But I hung in there. We never did make it to our destination. But on the way, we had to change her baby's diaper 3 or 4 times, go see a doctor (BT was sick), get gas, have the car fixed twice, stop for several bathroom breaks, and stop for a snack (which I thought was very clever of her to get a snack when she doesn't normally get one). We lost the keys once and I thought that would end the "game". But no. Instead she said, "I'm the Fairy Godmother and I'll make the car start!". And she did:)
Her imagination is working overtime lately. I find it truly amazing how creative she can be.
Comments