Hostage Situation

Every morning (with out fail) Katie climbs into our bed at 6:30. Today she jumped in with a mischievous grin on her face. She proudly stated, "I don't have to do my ear drops today because I hid them!!!" (Insert evil laugh)

Andrew: you hid them?
Katie: I did! And I'm not going to tell you where.

Andrew went down stairs to attempt to find them. While he was gone I explained that she had an ear ache and the doctor really wanted her to put the drops in so her ear would feel better. She did not care. "I don't like the ear drops. Now I have hidden them and I don't have to do them anymore. The problem is solved!"

Andrew came back in the room without ear drops, but with her favorite frog stuffed animal. The negotiations began. He explained that froggie would be his until he had the ear drops.

Katie: that's not fair! I hid the drops! And I'm not telling you where!

Andrew: I know, and now you need to go get them. You don't have to tell us where you hid them. But if you want your froggie back, I need the drops.

In the end, daddy got the drops. But it wasn't easy. Froggie was unharmed and helped Katie lay still for the drops.

Crisis averted. All before 6:45 in the morning. Whew.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Dance (for awhile)

Answered Prayers

Allowance