Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus


Emily is crazy about bacon. Yes, bacon. She requests it 9 times out of 10 for breakfast. If it is available, she will eat it. And eat A LOT of it.

Today at breakfast bacon was not just bacon. I was busy putting away dishes when she started pretending that Mary and Joseph were talking. (Each character being a piece of bacon.) I can' t remember what they were saying, but they were chatting away. Then I heard her say...

Mary: "Oh boy! My baby is here! (and then she rips a piece of bacon off of one of them). We will call you Jesus. Baby Jesus. (Then speaking in her best parent-ease...) How are you baby Jesus? Oh, let me lay you down here.

Joseph: I think my little boy needs a nap. Lay him here Mary. Oh don't cry Baby Jesus.

And then this continued. I grabbed the camera, took a picture and let her finish her pretend play. In the end, the bacon was gone and she washed her hands like nothing out of the ordinary happened. I put away the dishes laughing silently the whole time:)

Print Page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Dance (for awhile)

Answered Prayers

Allowance